Janet Pluchinsky is the High Queen of Fillory and a former Brakebills student.
Quentin met her for the first time in his third year, when entering The Cottage, describing her as lean, animated, and the loud one. Janet was noticed by him earlier, when she hold forth to the others on walks through the Maze, and making speeches in dinner time.
More to be added
The Magician King
She is absent for the rest of the book.
The Magician's Land
To be added
Janet is not very friendly to anyone, but very angry and bitter, probably because she thought the world was as judgmental of her as she was of them. Although having neglecting parents, Janet does not blame them for her attitude, instead, she owns it, and effectively runs Fillory while the High King was absent, showing great leadership skills.
Magic and Abilities
- Magic Manipulation: Janet graduated Brakebills without difficulties and has shown some great spellcraft, mostly when fighting in Ember's Tomb, or with spells related to her discipline. Janet was also much better at Welters than most people, due to her strategic mind and efficient magic.
- Cold Manipulation: Janet's discipline allows her to manipulate ice and colder temperatures, and she has great control and power in this, demonstrated for example when she froze and shattered the Cottage's door in just sixty-three minutes, and when she animated two ice swans in a party. While in possession of Sorrow and Sorrow, two magical staves that augment one's discipline, Janet was able to freeze the Northern Marsh, and her skin became very cold and icy.
- Revolver: To be added
- Sorrow and Sorrow: To be added
- In The Magicians, Surendra states Janet's last name is "Way", but Dean Fogg calls her "Pluchinsky" in The Magician King.
- In the television series, her name was changed to Margo Hanson to avoid any confusion with other characters with 'J's in their names (e.g. Julia, Josh, Jane, etc.).