Searching for an Honest Soul
Originally, Nick was obsessed with finishing the spell of the philosopher Diogenes to find kind-hearted people. When he realized that there were few good people left, he instead focused on finding good children with the spell and reward them for their kind nature. However, as his work on the spell progressed, he needed a book from the Library of the Neitherlands to continue it, but it was restricted to the Poison Room.
Imprisoned by the Library
Infiltrating the Poison Room
One day, Nick sent a few Elves to infiltrate the Library's Poison Room. However, the Elves died in the process and Santa was arrested by the Order of the Library of the Neitherlands for murder and possession of restricted materials.
- "I tried to escape early on. Ended up lost in the stacks. They found me, of course, and that's when I tried to kill myself."
- —Santa Claus[src]
After he was detained in the Library, Nick attempted to escape but got lost until the Librarians found him. Seeing no other way out, Nick tried to kill himself with the broken edge of a tray. However, the Librarians revived him shortly after and he vowed to never let himself go through that again.
Meeting Alice Quinn
To be added
To be added
To be added
Magic and Abilities
Wellspring Magic Manipulation: Santa Claus is able to shape and manipulate the energy of the Wellspring to cast spells by writing specific formations with his hands, forming phosphorescent constructs of energy.
- Teleportation: Nick is able to travel through chimneys by touching his nose. When Nick and Alice Quinn escaped from the Library of the Neitherlands, he grabbed the mantle of the fireplace in Zelda Schiff's office and teleported out of the Library to return to his sleigh.
- Pyrokinesis: Nick was able to cool the logs burning in a fireplace to travel through a chimney.
- Telepathy: Nick was able to tell that Alice Quinn was awake from his cell in the Library of the Neitherlands.
- Santa Claus' Sleigh: Nick utilizes a red sleigh pulled by nine flying reindeer. During his escape from the Library of the Neitherlands, Nick reclaimed his sleigh and flew off into the Neitherlands, surprising Phyllis on her smoke break as he flew overhead.
- Nick's Book: During his escape from the Order, Santa stole his book from the Library so he couldn't be tracked afterward.
- Order of the Library of the Neitherlands - Captors
|Appearances for Santa Claus|
In chronological order:
- Saint Nicholas of Myra, also known as Nicholas of Bari, was the patron saint of sailer, repentant thieves, and children during the time of the Roman Empire. He became known as Nicholas the Wonderworker because of his intercession, and his legendary habit of secret gift-giving gave rise to the traditional model of Santa Claus.
- One of Nick's patronage is to the falsely accused. Nick himself was falsely accused of murder on Library property.