Two more possible sections
Limitations or Restrictions
Magic despite its various applications has been stated to have limits or at least restrictions on the power and skill of the caster. Using mostly TV version but.
- Dean Fogg and a Healer at Brakebills said curing cancer is virtually impossible. For as the Healer said some believe it's an ancient curse, and Fogg said it not even the best Magicians in the world could work the spell.
- Shapeshifting: Yes its possible, but it's ill advised as the Magician's body is the very thing that channels Magic and altering that is dangerous.
- Reverse Hauntings: Eliot said to Alice's comment that there are spells to prevent hauntings but nothing known to reverse one.
- Body Mutilation: Yes a by proud of shapeshifting going bad, but also of body mutilation from anything. Like the Beast breaking Fogg's hands and cutting Penny's hands off.
- Word as Bond: Even Alice a Niffin said nothing can break a Word as Bond spell.
TV and Book Differences
Basically as it says, differences between the books and tv version.
- One is the origin of Magic.
1.Fillory itself is the Loophole that Magic Flows. Switched to the Netherlands later.
2. Fillory is still where it comes from, but now it comes from a self-replenishing Wellspring and was created by the old gods.[[User:Twilight Despair 5|]] ([[The God of Creation]]) (talk) 02:26, July 28, 2017 (UTC)
What is Magic
Ok before an edit conflict is created. I wanted to put it here for consensus. What is Magic? I feel it’s a magical energy. As Magic isn’t simply energy, like related to all the energy in the universe. As if that was the case, than shutting off magic would mean the cease functionality of the universe to where it wouldn’t exist. (At least the physical world in the universe). As to prove my point. Niffins are called creatures Of pure “magical energy”, and batteries hold magical currents similar to how batteries hold electrical currents. My point.
- 1. Magic is the practice/skill/technique etc or could call it the final product.
- 2. Magical Energy is the beginning product or essence that allow for these practices to work. Magic can’t be considered the manipulation of the typical energy in the universe when the source of magic can be cut off, and the universe still functions despite its absence.[[User:Twilight Despair 5|]] ([[The God of Creation]]) (talk) 12:36, April 11, 2018 (UTC)